CHRISTOPHER T. BATTISTA, MD
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
Spine Institute of Arizona (2019 – 2020)
Physician; Orthopedic Spine Fellow
Fellowship Director: Dr. Edward J. Dohring M.D.
Wright State University Orthopaedic Surgery (2014 – 2019)
Resident Physician; Chief Resident
Program Director: Dr. Anil Krishnamurthy M.D.
M.D. Consulting (2017 – 2019)
Medical Student & Resident Educator
Independent contractor for reviewing and revising personal statements,
curriculum vitae’s, and secondary essay’s as they pertain to medical school and
Orthobullets (and sub-division: Medbullets) (2012 – Current)
Medical student / Resident Education Resource
Louisville, KY & Dayton, OH
Consultant; Question and Topic Page Writer/Reviewer; Deputy Editor
CEO/Founder: Dr. Derek Moore M.D.
Price Institute of Surgical Research (2009-2010)
- North American Spine Society Member (2016-present)
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (2014-present)
- Ohio Orthopaedic Society Resident Liason (2016-2017)
- Wright State University Resident House Staff Council Member (2016-2017)
- Kentucky Medical Association (2010-2014)
- American Medical Association (2010-2014)
- Greater Louisville Medical Society (2010-2014)
- Phi Delta Epsilon Member – International Medical Fraternity (2010-2012)
- Delta Omega Epsilon Community Service Fraternity member (2007-2010)
- Chi Theta Pi Medical Fraternity Member (2006-2010)
- North American Spine Society Annual Meeting (Chicago, IL 2019)
- North American Spine Society Annual Meeting (Los Angeles, CA 2018)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery Annual Meeting (New Orleans, LA 2018)
- British Scoliosis Research Foundation (Westminster, London 2017)
- Dr. Enneking Seminar in Musculoskeletal Pathology (Gainesville, FL 2016)
- Lower Extremity Amputations & Prosthetics Seminar (Dayton, OH 2016)
- DePuy Synthes Future Leaders: Intro. to Hip and Knee Arthroplasty (Chicago, IL 2015)
- ICJR 8th Annual Winter Hip and Knee Course (Vail, CO 2015)
- Akron General Orthopaedic Oncology OITE Review Course (Akron, OH 2015)
- AOTrauma Course – Basic Principles of Fracture Management (Columbus, OH 2014)
- Chief Resident of Orthopaedic Surgery Resident Curriculum Education (2018-2019)
- Financial Liaison Wright State University Orthopedic Alumni Fund (2017-present)
- Information Technology Director: Wright State Orthopaedic Surgery (2016-present)
- Class of 2014 fundraising leader (2010-2014)
- Appointed mentor for first & second-year medical students (2011-2013)
- Delta Omega Epsilon Community Service Fraternity President (2009-2010)
- Dormitory Resident Assistant (2008-2010)
ORTHOPEDIC SPINE FELLOWSHIP
Spine Institute of Arizona Phoenix, AZ
Emphasis on Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
Fellowship Director: Dr. Edward J. Dohring M.D.
ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY RESIDENCY
Wright State University Dayton, OH
Boonshoft School of Medicine Program Director: Dr. Anil Krishnamurthy M.D.
University of Louisville School of Medicine Louisville, KY
Doctorate of Medicine (M.D.)
Cedarville University Cedarville, OH
Bachelor of Science (BS) Major – Biology with Pre-medical Emphasis
Minor – Religion
Summa Cum Laude
Venezia M, Battista C, Steffensmeier A, Sirois Z, Albert M. The Use of Sublaminar Bands on the Treatment of Spinal Deformity: An Operative Technique. Current Orthopaedic Practice. Vol 30, No. 4, July/August 2019; DOI: 10.1097/BCO.0000000000000768.
Kreul S, Battista C, Froimson J, Albert M, Kayanja M. An Ethical Dilemma: How to Treat a Symptomatic Pediatric Vertebral Hemangioma? Current Orthopaedic Practice. May/June 2019. Vol 30. Issue 3. p 274-276. DOI: 10.1097/BCO.0000000000000742.
Battista C, Wild C, Kreul S, Albert M. Prevention of Proximal Junctional Kyphosis/Failure Using Sublaminar Bands in a Hybrid Construct in Pediatric Kyphosis Deformity. International Journal of Spine Surgery. November 2018, 5080; DOI: https://doi.org/10.14444/5080.
Battista C, Dorweiler M, Fisher M., Morrey B, Noyes M. Ultrasonic Percutaneous
Tenotomy of Common Extensor Tendons for Recalcitrant Lateral Epicondylitis.
Techniques in Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery 2017; Nov 16. PMID 29189597.
Ojike N, Alla S, Battista C, Roberts C. A Single Volar Incision Fasciotomy will
Decompress All Three Forearm Compartments: A Cadaver Study. Injury 2012; 43: 1949–1952.
Kanaan Z, Battista C, Vahrenhold C, Galandiuk S. The High Prevalence of Anal
Squamous Cell Carcinoma in Women Parallels that of Smoking and Cancer of the Uterine Cervix. Journal of the Kentucky Medical Association 2012; 110: 4: 140.
Roberts C, Battista C. Conflict of Interest vs. Competition of Interest in Orthopaedic Surgery. Injury 2011; 42: 615-616.
Qadan M, Battista C, Gardner SA, Anderson GA, Akca O, Polk HC Jr. Oxygen and
Surgical Site Infection: A Study of Underlying Immunologic Mechanisms. Anesthesiology 2010; 113: 369-377.
Watkins JM, Qadan M, Battista C, Polk HC Jr. A Closer Look at Surgical Quality
Measures Across Different Surgical Specialties. American Journal of Surgery 2010; 200: 90-96.
Battista C, Venezia M, Tarr R, Froehle A, Albert M. Comparative Analysis of Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis (AIS) Treated Surgically with High Implant Density Pedicle Screws (HIDPS) versus Hybrid Sublaminar Band (HSB) Technique. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery Annual Meeting – New Orleans, LA. March 2018. Allegheny Health Neuroscience Institute – Pittsburgh Spine Summit. Pittsburgh, PA. August 2017.
Venezia M, Battista C, Steffensmeier A, Albert M. The Use of Sublaminar Bands on the Treatment of Spinal Deformity: A Systematic Review of the Literature. British Scoliosis Research Foundation – 15th International Phillip Zorab Symposium. Westminster, London. June 2017.
Battista C, Wild C, Sullenbarger J, Albert M. Prevention of Proximal Junctional
Kyphosis/Failure Using Sublaminar Bands in a Hybrid Construct in Pediatric Kyphosis Deformity. British Scoliosis Research Foundation – 15th International Phillip Zorab Symposium. Westminster, London. June 2017.
Battista C, Venezia M, Tarr R, Froehle A, Albert M. Comparative Analysis of Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis (AIS) Treated Surgically with High Implant Density Pedicle Screws (HIDPS) versus Hybrid Sublaminar Band (HSB) Technique. British Scoliosis Research Foundation – 15th International Phillip Zorab Symposium. Westminster, London. June 2017.
Battista C, Qadan M, Weller C, Gardner S, Polk HC Jr. The Reversibility of Detrimental Immunologic Effects of Hypothermia in the Surgical Patient. Research! Louisville.